Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Configuration of a spline

Travis_LattaTravis_Latta Member Posts: 1 PRO
I have the following part, a live edged board, that I am looking to configure in the width and length.  I know a sketch must be defined before a configuration will work properly, how is this accomplished?

link to doc:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/d89ad98b97a3f357921bb39e/w/2272c3baeac47d7b667bcc01/e/39ea688d7947bf969b1a321e?configuration=Thickness=0.050800000000000005+meter;Width=0.20320000000000002+meter;length=2.4384+meter

It's not hard to make a random spline but I may need to do it many times in a day with various dimensions.  I assume a custom Feature-script is a potential option, I'm just not up to speed on how to create one yet.

Thanks all

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    @Travis_Latta

It looks like you almost have it figured out!

The problem (as far as I can tell without copying) is that the "arc length" dimension is unhappy when making the "length" configuration anything larger than 96in:

I think if you remove that dimension (or make it a driven dimension rather than a driving dimension if you still want to see its value), this will work just fine.

Additionally, you can create your configuration variables before starting the sketch if you want! Just open the configuration panel by clicking the button that looks like a cube with a table on top of it all the way to the right on the screen.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team