Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

100 mm Cube with 40 mm Hole

david_kurtzdavid_kurtz Member Posts: 24 EDU
edited April 2019 in Educator Discussion
This is the second project I have my students do.  The goal is to make a part that matches the drawing.  Students submit a PDF of their drawing file and share their design with me when done.  The drawing should be dimensioned to match the model provided.  

At this point students have seen the Extrude tool, but they have not removed material, done fillets or chamfers.  The Section View tool and Note tool are also introduced for the first time.  

I try to provide minimal guidance to the class as a whole.  Instead, I work with small groups of students that have similar hang-ups.  Students are allowed to re-submit as many times as they want and receive full credit.