Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I upload an image file to illustrate a forum question?

bill_osbergbill_osberg Member Posts: 7
edited July 2015 in Community Support
I see image files in other people's forum posts, but I don't see how to upload one.  Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I tried searching and couldn't find anything...

Best Answer

Answers

• bill_osbergbill_osberg Member Posts: 7
    Sorry, I feel so dumb.  I saw the icon for adding an image, but it looked like it wanted an image URL so I didn't even try it.  Oh well...

Thanks!
  • christopher_owenschristopher_owens Member Posts: 235 ✭✭
    edited July 2015
    @bill_osberg  @nav ;  Actually when you first Ask A Question it does only ask for the Image URL. What I do is type my text, hit "Ask Question" to post and then use the Gear to edit { Edit (1 Day) } and THEN you get the Upload Image option!

Type your text and then hit "Ask Question". After it posts hover in the message and click the Gear to get to Edit (1 Day)

Then you can get the Upload!

I use LightShot within Chrome to capture the images easily! Then you get to learn how to get them in the right order and place text between them!
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    I am looking into why Adding questions is doing this.  Report back soon...
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
    and yes... I did ask the same question and got the same answer! Till I noticed how to get the upload right after I posted a question!
  • andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    The workflow for including a graphic under "Ask a Question", kindly spelled out by @christopher_owens ;  seems to me to be

a) unduly impenetrable, and
    b) different from performing the same task in other, similar contexts (in those other contexts, the workflow is just fine)

It would be good if this could be rendered more self-explanatory and consistent.
    See, I learned this because I ask a lot of questions!!! So don't be shy or feel "stpuid"!!