Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Turorial Example Question

dana_kelley262dana_kelley262 Member Posts: 31
In my onshape documents is "Exercise: Basic Assembly - Copy" . the assembly is complete. When animating the plunger the plunger moves but the handle remains is place. The main cylinder is fixed in theassembly. The plunger and handle are "fastened".  The image is a capture during animation. The plunger moves the handle remains in place.

Either the plunger & handle are not fastened correctly or something else is wrong. After several attempts I'm asking for help. Please do not fix it. I'd like to learn by going through the process. The link below looks king of weird... not sure it is properly copied.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3c4fe5fd09c698e8b1275fed/w/044308e734ffc2a9dffcc6a5/e/cb297bfd1ade7e119e6a96a1

Best Answer

• dana_kelley262dana_kelley262 Member Posts: 31
    Answer ✓
    Fixed... I was not animating the assembly, just the plunger / cylinder 

Answers

• dana_kelley262dana_kelley262 Member Posts: 31
    Answer ✓
    Fixed... I was not animating the assembly, just the plunger / cylinder