Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Problems with parametric assembly with linear pattern with an instance count of 1

tarquinio_motatarquinio_mota Member Posts: 5
Hello. I'm trying to create a project to create different parametric pin headers for electronics of different sizes so everyone can use it. You can see it here:

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7b4512076b13fe548394027b/w/15d4905653b02cfec0b9cef5/e/fd170b95ad884dd2cad66a7d?configuration=DoubleRow=false;PinColumns=1.0;PinCount=2.0;Single_Pin=false;Solder=false

I have a PinRows and PinColumns variables to generate exactly the number of pins and disposition needed. Then I made a linear pattern in 2 directions using these two variables. The problem is that these values need to be >1. I use a workaround for this using a checkbox variable to toggle between single row / multiple rows. I use two linear patterns, one with a single direction and another with two directions, and suppress one of them depending on the checkbox variable. It feels a bit strange not just being able to set the value to 1, like we can do in the part studio linear patterns. Is there something i'm missing here?

Alternatively, if the values can't be one, is there a way to configure the suppressions based on the numeric variable (like supressing one if PinColumns>1 and suppressing the other one otherwise)? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best Answer

Answers