Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

can I add extra truetype fonts to Onshape?

I'm trying to add a logo to a model I'm creating, but the font used isn't one of the available fonts.
Is it possible to add fonts to the font library in Onshape?

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    Unfortunately no.
  • chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    You can vote for an IR regarding user fonts here:  https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/54011#Comment_54011
  • brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    There is, as you may already know, a workaround and one which I have used. First type your required text into a word processor and set to your desired TT font. Export this as a screen dump and trim it before saving as eg jpeg. This can then be imported and traced before manipulating and incorporating into your model. See https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/sketch-image.htm?Highlight=jpeg
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    i suppose you could write all the letters in solidworks or whatever. Extrude it and import into Onshape.

Then make a new sketch for each letter. Make a featurescript that accepts a partstudio with all of your letters. Then a text box and a height.

Have the feature replace/scale each sketch with each letter in your textbox.

similar to how beams can read sketches from other partstudios/documents...