Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

when I create a sketch, Onshape will no longer allow me to change dimensions in the sketch.

Eric_BrooksEric_Brooks Member Posts: 5
Have used Onshape for 4 years and have never come across this problem before. Can anyone help me out?

Answers

• bradley_saulnbradley_sauln Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 373
    @Eric_Brooks Can you please submit a support ticket and share the document with support so we can take a look. Please include details such as which sketch feature you were working on and which branch (if there are multiple) you are working in.
    Engineer | Adventurer | Tinkerer
    Twitter: @bradleysauln

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    edited August 2019
    @Eric_Brooks - are you definitely editing the sketch? In SolidWorks you can double click a sketch in the graphics area and edit the dimensions - in Onshape you have to right-click the sketch and select Edit or double-click the sketch in the feature list. 

EDIT: Oops, sorry - just saw you have been using for 4 years  :o - can you post the URL to your doc?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Eric_BrooksEric_Brooks Member Posts: 5
    Hi Neil I am definitely editing the sketch. When I click on the size a grey box with the same dimension appears beside the blue box and it will not let me change the size. Any ideas would be welcome.
  • konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    May it be a driven dimensions?
    Hi konstantin, changing from driven makes no difference at all
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    URL and sketch name please!
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
    Thanks to all who tried to help me. Problem now solved and had to do with the position of the number lock key which was off.