Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there the capability to display dual units in part studios (and assemblies for that matter)?

JAN_RJAN_R Member Posts: 4 PRO
edited October 8 in Community Support
When working on projects I find that often enough I need to reference metric and imperial/standard dimension within the same part and assembly studios.  When doing up drawings there is the option to display/dimension with dual units I can't seem to find the function within the part studios.  Does this not exist or am I looking in all the wrong places?  I understand that I can enter a unit of choice within the dimension dialog boxes but when I go to use the 'measure' function to double check work I only see the workspace units and have to go back and convert.  

Answers

• romeograhamromeograham Member Posts: 242 PRO
    edited October 9
    You cannot display dual dimensions in Part Studios or Assemblies, but you can change the Workspace units at any time:

This affects units in dimensions, mates, etc as well as anything in the "display mass properties" dialog

and measure dialog: 

It's a little clumsy, but you can change back and forth all you like.