Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Can you export an assembly

henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
Is it possible to export an assembly. I imported some parts from another CAD package and added them onto a part of my own items like an incredibly useful function for additive manufacturing (I realize it would be goofy as subtractive function).

Best Answers

• henry_feldmanhenry_feldman Member Posts: 126 EDU
    Answer ✓
    Thanks. I often forget the tab itself is a menu target...

Answers

Answer ✓
    Oh and tip for whoever searches this in the future, if you don't uncheck the "export as separate objects" you will not get a union (for 3D printing you probably want a union)
  • rune_thorsen229rune_thorsen229 Member Posts: 179 ✭✭
    NeilCooke, I ran into a probem with exporting an Assembly as STL. I expected it to be exported as positioned in the assembly but I can see the stl has its Partstudio placements rather than the Assembly placement ( my comment: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/60673/#Comment_60673).
    Can you confirm that please?
    henry_feldman did share this experience too?