Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I put a hole in a Lofted surface?

ProblemSolverProblemSolver Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
What method(s) do I use to put a hole in a Lofted surface. Surely it must be possible to do this, as I imagine it would be a requirement (problem) that must come up from time to time? 
Tagged:

Comments

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Update last night allowed booleans to work with surfaces...
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • ProblemSolverProblemSolver Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Thanks for that Owen, for an old fella I think that what I have achieved in Onshape has been pretty amazing, however I've never used Booleans before. Where do I find the update? or has it not been released yet?
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.
    The video here shows it in action briefly. 
    Any new updates are available as soon as they're announced in documents created from that moment on, and any old documents are automatically updated to the current version automatically over a period of a day or two.  Nothing for the customer do do, it's all taken care of by the Onshape folks.
    Cheers, Owen S. 
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd