Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Does "Copy Workspace" increase speed of large assemblies ?

Hi,
I have some large assemblies with a lot of versions that are slow in OnShape, some assemblies have more than 100 versions...
Recently I noticed that if I copy the document (Copy Workspace) all the versions are removed in the new document.

Will this removal of versions improve performance of OnShape for this new assembly ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,014 PRO
    edited February 2020
    @Hans_Ole_Leirvik

One of things that I'm doing in large assemblies is defining the part display to coarse on parts that are linear arrayed in the assembly, especially if they are spherical. Helps load times. Works for my model, may work for you.