Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Link PDF version to an assembly configuration

Hello !

I am working on designing the packaging of a product my company is designing.
The product comes in several versions/colors. These versions are reflected in the artwork on some of the packaging parts. The geometry of these packaging parts doesn't change with the product version though.
I have imported the different versions of the artwork as pdf in the document. I now would like to use the configurations feature to reflect the different versions of the packaging.
Is there a way to do so ?
Ideally, I would be able to create a configuration such as "black model" featuring the artworks for the black model of the product only.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    I don't think you can do much with the PDFs in configurations. Best you could do is change the color of your geometry.