Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Section 4, Lesson 2, Page 2 Problems with Exercise: Wheel Rim (Slide 19)

I have followed the instructions on Excerise: Wheel Rim (slide 19) and gone over it several times but I can't get it to extrude (remove) the section for the tyre around the outside. I have checked and double checked, that all the boxes in the extrude box are populated as per the slide but it still doesn't work. I have managed to do all the other exercises up until now easily, but I can't see what I am doing wrong?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/14d547df3724b1d8b4d3ed4f/w/4a2eb3b2eb133ad35a3ecac0/e/7a3df3c0e28b2dda4955dbd0

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @jessica_meadows double check you have the correct profile selected. You are cutting the wheel rim- and a common mistake here is selecting the wrong sketch profile. You just want to outer profile of the sketch to be chosen. Then the the end types are chosen offset from the left and right faces of the wheel. I don't have permissions to see your document you posted, but if you still have trouble, please create a view only link in the Share options, or make it public.