Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

cannot get a duplicate fillet to work, right side orks, left side doesnt.....

tom_laheytom_lahey Member Posts: 10
Newbie here, when I try to fillet the left loft, it cannot do it. 
It is a mirror of the right side.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/2b53208ea508b6a63ae104ad/w/9ac76d123c1c2926e79f8bed/e/91b450e9e0f2fde2b49c63ee
Tom L.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,367
    The two lofted shapes either side look different. Interrogate why they are different or model one side and mirror the entire part.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    HI, Still learning, I had a terrible time getting the loft to work, I must have tried everything for hours, and suddenly it worked, and I still dont know why.
    So why one fillet will work and not the other is beyond me.
    I will try to delete at the centerline, and mirror.... stay tuned.
  • Options
    HI, Still learning, I had a terrible time getting the loft to work, I must have tried everything for hours, and suddenly it worked, and I still dont know why. I have examined code as best I can, and cannot figure out why one loft is curved, and the other is straight.
    Any insight would be welcome
    I will have to try and mirror , but it seems un-necessary