Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hole Callout suffix?

How do I add a Hole Callout suffix? Such as THRU. in (2X) .500 THRU.       I can only add Prefixes. 

Best Answer

Answers

• PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 518
    @theodore_koziol We have plans to improve this area, but yes this is all that's possible today.  
  • PrachiPrachi Member, OS Professional Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    If you use the hole feature in the part design then 'hole call out' will include thru.
    If you simply use the diameter dimension then you can edit dimension to have a prefix, suffix, text above and text below.

• theodore_kozioltheodore_koziol Member Posts: 3 EDU
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    But the problem still exists if you want a parametric thread callout for something more than just the end condition. 

In that case I have been adding a separate note next to the dimension for the additional information. Such as 'locate at assembly' or 'pre-machine'