Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.
First time visiting? Here are some places to start:- Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
- Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
- Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
- Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.
If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.
Assembly
gabriel_w124
Member Posts: 2 ✭
I was doing a project for school that consists of a Geneva Cam Assembly. When I put it together, it goes through the Geneva Cam. Does anybody know how to fix it? The assembly is available to edit. https://cad.onshape.com/documents/18e825534c3b12d1d058b917/w/4cbef6cfe7ecae5393658a23/e/66d1f8e4f4d7013613faec24
0
Answers
-
Hello, it is impossible to open your document , problem with permission ....Bertrand MAILLARD
Enseignant LPO Jeanne d'Arc
Responsable informatique
Sainte Adresse - France0 -
@gabriel_w124 - Geneva cams require intermittent contact which is not possible in Onshape. However, there are some crazy workarounds if you have the time and the inclination: https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/10484/rubiks-cube-mate-animation/p1
Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEA0 -
@NeilCooke : As of May 2020, you said 'intermittent contact' was not possible in Onshape. I'm currently teaching 9th graders Onshape on Chromebook and was hoping to do the Geneva Drive as well. Shall I expect that function to be available sometime during spring 2021? If not, I need to plan on a different project.
Thanks!
Carl0 -
@NeilCooke : As of May 2020, you said 'intermittent contact' was not possible in Onshape. I'm currently teaching 9th graders Onshape on Chromebook and was hoping to do the Geneva Drive as well. Shall I expect that function to be available sometime during spring 2024? If not, I need to plan on a different project.
Thanks!
Carl0 -
I think we can safely say you need to choose another project.cfraytet said:@NeilCooke : As of May 2020, you said 'intermittent contact' was not possible in Onshape. I'm currently teaching 9th graders Onshape on Chromebook and was hoping to do the Geneva Drive as well. Shall I expect that function to be available sometime during spring 2024? If not, I need to plan on a different project.
Thanks!
CarlSenior Director, Technical Services, EMEA0

