Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature script is it possible to cut and paste code between two scripts in the same work space.

ron_24ron_24 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I am trying out feature script for the first time, was tripped up at the first hurdle of trying to import data from a .csv file. but leaving that aside for now, I made a copy of an existing model that had different scripts for the same model on separate tabs. I wanted to try to cut and paste code from one to the other, but the option to highlight and copy does not appear to be available. I am running Onshape within a chrome browser. Am I doing it wrong? (highlight, then either left or right mouse click), or is this operation not possible?.

Best Answers

• kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Answer ✓
    You can use the shortcut ctrl-c (cmd-c on mac) to copy code, and then use ctrl-v (cmd-v on mac) to paste it.
  • ron_24ron_24 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    You can use the shortcut ctrl-c (cmd-c on mac) to copy code, and then use ctrl-v (cmd-v on mac) to paste it.
    Works a treat, thank you very much.

Answers

• kevin_o_toole_1kevin_o_toole_1 Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 565
    Answer ✓
  • ron_24ron_24 Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Works a treat, thank you very much.
  • jeff_robbert442jeff_robbert442 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone elaborate on this function? ctrl-C and ctrl-V aren't doing anything for me, perhaps I am misinterpreting the intended use. 
  • alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Seems to be working for me (screenkey note: Control_L is the left control key being pressed, Ctrl+c is the ctrl + c being pressed simultaneously)

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev