Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I start an app?

bill_raynerbill_rayner OS Professional Posts: 34 PRO
Sounds stupid, and I've used the app before, but now I cant find a way to open Kiri:Moto so I can generate a toolpath! Opening apps in onshape has always struck me as a tad obscure, but now it seems impossible, and help is no help.
Tagged:

Answers

• adrian_wasikadrian_wasik Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2020
    Hi Bill,
    once you purchased the app in the store you need to open a document. Then follow the screenshot below:

• bill_raynerbill_rayner OS Professional Posts: 34 PRO
    Thanks Adrian, Yes I did that, and I thought it should have been in the PLUS menu; but it wasn't! (see screenshot below) Seems onshape didn't like something I hadn't done, maybe save a version? As I tried a few very simple docs and quite a few didn't allow me to open an app. I'll chase it down when time permits. What's annoying, and most unlike onshape, is that help doesn't say anything.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    The only prerequisite is you need to be subscribed to the app in the app store. 

Can you please verify that? 

If you are subscribed. Then you should contact support and link the documents that aren't letting you add it. 

That is not normal behavior 
    Yes, I'm listed as "subscribed" and I've used the app before and last generated a .nc file on 19/9/19. 

But there's something more fundamental wrong than that: the 2 top items are missing from the menu (see above), it should look like the "750WServo..." shot below. Below that is a shot of another short menu. Both windows show single part, imported files; one works, one doesn't.

I'd like an answer, but it's not urgent for me yet as I can go back to 1980 mode and write the nc code direct. Using G2/G3 is way easier to use than hundreds of lines of G0/G1s, and makes better parts too.

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    1980.. I donno i was doing that even in 2007 🤔
    😔

But you're right the app option is indeed missing between the two screen shots...

Definitely contact support @joe_dunne
    Thanks John, I will if it gets urgent.