Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

loft issue with 3d spline

wei_xunwei_xun Member Posts: 9
Hi community,

I am trying to loft between a circle and an eclipse using a 3d spline as a guide. the feature wouldn't solve because "all guides should intersect each profile boundary". but i believe both ends of the guide do intersect the profiles. 

I also notice that the center of the eclipse is a black dot while the center of the circle is white. does anyone know what the colors indicate?

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ed7b6b4cb70ca79b5d89f3b6/w/5589382c744ebbe46d072e06/e/fc88f7c462e649d4b5dff23a

Best Answer

Answers

• wei_xunwei_xun Member Posts: 9
    Thank you for the detailed response John! I went ahead and fixed the 2 issues your raised, but my result show a much thinner transition near the middle of the loft. How did you make yours more thick?
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    edited June 2020
    I added more sections (those purple rings), 30 seemed to be about right