Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Student license renewal problem

meirion_owenmeirion_owen Member Posts: 6 EDU
Hi there, I'm writing from the UK where I teach Secondary Design Technology and Engineering to 11-18 year old students. We have been using Onshape for the last 4 years, it's brilliant. 
I have a problem however! My current Year 10 students created their accounts using an email address format which has been changed across the school, whereas their unique identity was solely a number it is now a combination of their name and a number. When your renewal of their edu license reminder came out they were unable to access their existing coursework with their new email address. This will apply to about 15 students, if I supply a list of email addresses is it possible to update their renewed accounts to the new email address? Both Addresses are @milfordhavenschool.co.uk 
I think this would best be done through my gmail for security reasons. My email address is mowen@milfordhavenschool.co.uk

Thanks for your help

Meirion

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,373
    The quickest way to do this is to have them edit their preferences in Onshape and add a secondary email (their new email), verify it, then make it their primary email. Please try this and post back the results. Thanks. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Jessica_YeatonJessica_Yeaton Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 1 EDU
    Hi Meirion,
    I just want to clarify, did the students end up creating new accounts under their email addresses already?  This would explain not having access to previous work. If this is the case, you will need to delete the new accounts first and then can complete Neil's instructions.  Once you confirm, I can help walk you through this.
    Thanks,
    Jess