Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I insert a public part in Enterprise edition?

ian_mctavishian_mctavish Member Posts: 4 EDU
My account is an enterprise account - when I'm in an assembly and I insert a part, there is no option to search for public parts.  In the free version you can.  How do I do this (I'm the owner of the Enterprise system so if there is a setting I can set for the entire enterprise that would be great).

Answers

• Options
    salvantsalvant Member Posts: 1 EDU
    I'm looking for the same answer.. .we use a public library to access the parts for the assembly... is there a way to import a public doc for enterprise use within our domain..... 
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,020 PRO
    Our enterprise has public shut down. We wanted that. We thought it was dangerous to make any company IP public.

I believe you can import to your cad.onshape.com instance and get them there, then, transfer to the enterprise. This is an old back door and I'm not sure it's still available.

There was talk about making it an option, not sure it is an option to turn on. We don't want it on.