Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

FS Thread Creator, multiple threads

lou_ambaumlou_ambaum Member Posts: 2
Hi,
By selecting multiple "face to thread", only the first selection creates a thread. Is this a know limitation?
When using "Mirror" it seems not to mirror thread. Know?
As example I created "Thread Creator limitation" document.
Any advice/help much appreciated.
KR, Lou
Tagged:

Answers

• alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 447 EDU
    Hi Lou! Welcome to the forums. The thread creator FeatureScript is a performance-intensive feature, so rather than applying it to many cylinders simultaneously, it is best to create a separate new solid body and do a part pattern. As for mirroring, you can do a solid part mirror of the threaded part for left-hand threads, mirror the cylinder first and then individually add thread for a consistent threading direction, or do a linear pattern. Here is a document I made as an example:
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/ea09fbea12c3ffe805f29835/w/91386826beffc581760fa5d2/e/15e28462a8a4b8952ddd6203

Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev | Currently an Onshape intern: asmidchens@onshape.com
  • lou_ambaumlou_ambaum Member Posts: 2
    Hi Alnis, thanks for response and advice. Good to know that Mirror creates LH threads, I wasn't aware. I know thread creator is a performance intensive feature, that's why after creating I suppress it during further design work and unsuppress at the end. But still I think if feature was enhanced with multi-selection "face to Thread" would save me time. KR, Lou