Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How do I pattern points in a sketch?

chrisjh777chrisjh777 Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭
OK,  I've worked out how to pattern holes (now that the basic hole tool is available).  You need to select all the "faces" that make up the hole including the cylinder, bottom of the hole, and any chamfer to the top of the hole you may have added.

However in trying to work out how to add points to allow the hole feature to work, (it appears to work only by selecting pre-positioned points), it occurred to me that you should be able to pattern the first point.  Try as I may,  I could not achieve patterning of sketched points.

Is this possible?
Tagged:

Best Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @chrisjh777 , We can do pattern of point in sketch as shown below attached video.

Answers

• viruviru Member, Developers Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    @chrisjh777 , We can do pattern of point in sketch as shown below attached video.

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a really classy demonstration, @viru