Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Images on Drawing Don't Appear in CorelDraw When Trying to Laser Cut a Drawing

Our students love to add images & text to their drawings that are then cut/engraved on the laser cutter. When I've added images into the Drawing (using import image) and export as a DXF or PDF, the images don't come into Corel with the rest of the vector lines .Any idea why/how can you get images from Onshape drawings into a laser-cuttable file format?

Answers

• Options
    alnisalnis Member, Developers Posts: 449 EDU
    Have you tried opening the exported DXF or PDF files in another viewer application? Both export types are working for me with images. If possible, can you upload an example of one of the DXF or PDF exports that isn't working?
    Student at University of Washington | Get in touch: contact@alnis.dev | My personal site: https://alnis.dev