Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

why can't I edit a document someone shared with me? (I should have editing rights)

I have been struggling with this for a while now my onshape account was created with my school account and then I switched my primary email to my personal email and I am not able to edit any documents that are shared with me that give me editing rights and I do not want to delete my account and remake it because I have to many documents that I need and can't get rid of please email me at amroorda@gmail.com with a response that way I can see it. thank you in advance.

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    Do you still have an EDU account or is it now a free account? Free accounts cannot edit docs shared from an EDU or Pro account.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @aileen_roorda I have a Pro Account and recently setup a Free account to learn some of the ins, outs, and quirks of document sharing and collaboration.  What I have found is that I can share a document created in the Pro account with the Free account.
    1. Make the document PUBLIC
    2. Share the document with an individual user (in this case the email address associated w/ my Free account)
    3. (explicitly specify CAN EDIT) in step 2
    I shared a test document with you a moment ago.  See if you can edit that.

• Options
    raviravi Onshape Employees Posts: 34
    You never need to delete your account and create new account. Your school account may be different from you personal free account. You can check your account settings -> subscriptions to see if same account is used in multiple subscriptions.