Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New user

Hi, I am a new user. My only cad experience is with 2d design for plasma cutting steel parts. I am frustrated, just trying to create a rectangle with a little depth. I see how you create a drawing but can’t seem to find a rectangle tool. Any help would be appreciated. 

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,718 PRO
    Welcome to Onshape Mark,

While in a sketch you can press "g" to start using the rectangle tool. The shape you draw must be a fully enclosed shape to be able to make it 3D. To make it 3D, finish the sketch by pressing the green check button, then use the feature button called "extrude".

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,900 PRO
    edited September 2020
    Drawing tabs do not have sketch tools. you will need to create your sketches in a partstudio tab.