Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extrude part

lukas_lukas768lukas_lukas768 Member Posts: 6
edited November 2020 in Community Support
I need advice. I'm new in 3d modeling and so is onshape. I'm learning on my own. I downloaded the feeder model from the thingiverse and I want to modify it a bit for myself.
I took the STL file to import it into onshape based on this video I copied the lines of the original model.
Video 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9K5f6zzb1k&ab_channel=JasonHitesman

Using the Line, 3 point arc tools, I created the interior of the model as you can see in the picture. Now I need to extrude it to keep it all on the surface, but I can't extrude.In the middle I have already modeled a cylinder in which there will be food for birds.

Thank you for your help and I apologize for my English.

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    If you also draw the inner circle in the sketch it will extrude everything but the inner circle, like you want

You can also insert your images  in your post rather than uploading them to a 3rd party site :)

• Options
    lukas_lukas768lukas_lukas768 Member Posts: 6
    edited November 2020
    If you also draw the inner circle in the sketch it will extrude everything but the inner circle, like you want

You can also insert your images  in your post rather than uploading them to a 3rd party site :)

Thanks for help. But what you show me in the gif image I know how to do hole in the middle.

But I can't extrude the object you are doing hole in the middle. 

I fix that use fill function. But how you creat this gif ?