Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why wont it let me add a sketch on the face I want it to?

On my part I have a loft from a smaller trapezoid to a bigger trapezoid and on the slanted face I need to create a sketch to remove some material with an extrude however it is not allowing me to place down the sketch. If anyone can help me with this issue I would be very thankful.

Answers

• Options
    matthew_stacymatthew_stacy Member Posts: 476 PRO
    @sean_powell288, share a link to the document.  We're in the midst of a global pandemic.  Lots of us are under-employed and going stir crazy!
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,429
    A sketch requires a planar face. Geometry from a loft may look planar but it is likely not. You can create a plane probably through 3 points from your loft profiles and use that for your sketch. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI