Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

2D Drawing is not showing (hidden) lines corretly

Barry_van_WijkBarry_van_Wijk Member Posts: 44 PRO
edited December 2020 in Community Support
Hi, see example.
The second view is without tangent edge and the drawing is not showing all hidden lines correctly.
For folder material we need hidden lines, but no tangent edges, what can be done???

Here I have the problem that without tangent edge, you cant see at the outside, that we are talking about a hexagonnut.
Is it not normal to see this?

Answers

• Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    I'm not sure how to fix the line issues, I have them too. A work around that I use is to create a sketch with the hidden lines that you want. Then, right click the view in your drawing, show/hide sketches, select the sketch with your hidden lines.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    Yeah i know the work around, but in the basic projection it is not going well
  • Options
    Am I missing something???

• Options
    S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,361 PRO
    Out of curiosity, were these parts created in Onshape, or imported?
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    created in onshape, the last picture, the thimble, created in a document, one part studio as one part, no other part studios,tabs etc. Just the basics....
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,381
    That line can also be seen in the front view. I am assuming that the fillet in the model is not perfectly tangent and therefore showing up on the drawing views.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    And that's it? So I have to make extra sketches for all drawings and implement them in the 2d drawings because onshape cannot display it properly. Worthless
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @Barry_van_Wijk I created a ticket for this issue.  I will explore things with you on the ticket.  If edges exist on the model - they should be visible in the drawing view. 
  • Options
    Yes i have seen it, thank you
  • Options
    clay_nelsonclay_nelson Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Anyone get a solution for this?
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @clay_nelson If edges exist on the model, they should be visible in the drawing.  If it's not the case for you, please report a bug to Support and share your document with Onshape Support and we will take a closer look.  You can access that from the help menu in the upper right.