Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Section view of solids displays like surfaces

New to Onshape but 20 year proe user, and going through the tutorials now. PS, I'm loving it thus far...

When I create a section view of a solid, it looks like its a section of a surface. I'm on an M1 Mac with Safari. The same happens on any part I make, and also any part from the public gallery that I open. Thanks for any insight on how to correct the visibility. Please see attached screenshot. 

Best Answer

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Answer ✓
    I just checked on mine which is: Intel Mac, MacOS 10.15.7 (prior version), Safari 14.0.2 (latest) = incorrect section

We are aware of this issue (caused by a change in the Safari graphics implementation) and have submitted a bug report to Apple, so it should be fixed in Safari 14.1 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

It's an issue with the latest Safari on M1 - works fine with Chrome.
  • nick_papageorgenick_papageorge Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2020
    Thanks for the info. I just did some further testing:

M1 Mac, MacOS 11.1 (latest), Safari 14.0.2 (latest) = incorrect section
    M1 Mac, MacOS 11.1 (latest), Firefox 84.0.1 (latest and optimized for M1) = correct section
    Intel Mac, MacOS 11.1 (latest), Safari 14.0.2 (latest) = incorrect section
    Intel Mac, MacOS 11.1 (latest), Firefox 84.0.1 (latest) = correct section
    Intel Mac, MacOS 10.15.7 (prior version), Safari 14.0.2 (latest) = incorrect section.

Conclusion: Safari is the issue. Issue persists on Safari only, for both M1 and Intel Mac, and both current and prior version of MacOS. Firefox works on both Intel and M1 Mac ok.

Is this something I should raise a bug report with Onshape? Or its Apple's issue? Thanks!

Answer ✓
    I just checked on mine which is: Intel Mac, MacOS 10.15.7 (prior version), Safari 14.0.2 (latest) = incorrect section

We are aware of this issue (caused by a change in the Safari graphics implementation) and have submitted a bug report to Apple, so it should be fixed in Safari 14.1