Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I turn on section view?

I used to be able to use section view by using the camera and render options tab and scrolling to the bottom. It no longer says "turn section view on" anymore, though. How do I turn on section view?

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,392
    Answer ✓
    Using Safari? You’ll have to wait until Safari 14.1 or use another browser. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    Shift X is the shortcut. Does that work?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Using Safari? You’ll have to wait until Safari 14.1 or use another browser. 
  • Options
    daniel_collumdaniel_collum Member Posts: 3
    I am using safari. I'll look into another browser. Was there a recent change? I remember using section view a few days ago but today the tab isn't there anymore. Thanks for the help.
  • Options
    travis_lundytravis_lundy Member Posts: 15 PRO
    edited February 2021
    I just got a new Macbook Air M1 and was using the Safari browser as well and was disappointed to see Section View not available as well. I use the feature somewhat regularly mostly for interference detection but not having this feature is a bit of a bummer.