Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Measure tool in edit mode

chad_clancychad_clancy Member Posts: 6
edited February 2021 in Using Onshape
For a while I was banging my head against the wall trying to find how to add the measurement tool to my toolbar.  Couldn't find it anywhere but I knew it existed as I had seen it pop up in the interface.  Then I realized that it only shows up when viewing read-only models.  However, the measure tool can also be very useful in design mode so I'm not sure why it is excluded from users when editing models.  I realize that you can work around this by either creating a construction line or using creating some elements to pull a dimension between but to do so involves extra steps that you don't have to go through when just using the measuring tape tool.

Comments

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @chad_clancy It is in the lower right:

Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.