Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Not sure how this works , I am trying to attach a square to a circle {think christmas tree bauble]

I can do one offs , but i want to create a circular pattern with the shape, unfortunately, the square doesn't stay where its supposed to, so by the time it gets round to about four o'clock on the pattern its at a different angle, I am reasonable new to this, but I have used drawing packages where you can create a shape and rotate it, ok I can add squares to a circle and make a pattern round the circle it works fine. but not if i select the shape . what am I missing if you are good enough to respond, PLEASE keep it simple I don't under stand your terminology I have a lot to learn, not even sure how I find out if this gets a response?  

Answers

• Options
    Evan_ReeseEvan_Reese Member Posts: 2,064 PRO
    Hi @brian_ferguson109
    I'd love to help, and I'm sure others would too, but it's hard to tell what your goal is based on your description. Can you share a url to a public document here? If not, some images would go along way toward getting an answer to you.
    Evan Reese / Principal and Industrial Designer with Ovyl
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    edited February 2021
    here are instructions on sharing a document with the forum
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    brian_ferguson109brian_ferguson109 Member Posts: 8
    https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f74fd9cee389c680a23add3e/w/2fb7b2e5711146851361ed56/e/bf678f12fc7cd6332878630c I am trying to create a vase, round and with a bulge or tow , like feature with grooves, as you can see when i make a pattern the squares are not facing out,
    I am using a number of planes and rotating the pattern to create the twisted effect , it doesn't help that the loft tool cant tell which part of the pattern goes with the next layer, this limits how much i can rotate the pattern at each layer, i did pay for the file, this is what I am trying to create my own version off .Thank you .                                             
  • Options
    leonid_raizleonid_raiz Member Posts: 9
    Have you tried loft "Match connections"?