Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do you view a cross section of a part in a Part Studio

I used to be able to create a cross section of a part in Part Studio by selecting it in the View drop down box. However that option does not appear to be available anymore. Did it get moved?
Tagged:

Answers

• Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    I always just use the keyboard shortcut Shift+X
  • Options
    mike_sandstrommike_sandstrom Member Posts: 8 PRO
    That sounds like a great solution but it does not work on my system
  • Options
    tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    That's weird. I know some people have had cross-section issues related to their browser. What system are you using? Do you see the same thing in a different browser? 
  • Options
    Thanks for your help but I don't think it is a browser issue. I have always gone to the drop down list for different views and there was an option for x-sections. That option is no longer there. 
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,396
    Have you tried a different browser? Recently this was related to Safari 14.0. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    You were right. I tried a new browser and the 'x-section' option was there. That is surprising that a browser would prevent that item from being listed in a dropdown list. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    TimRiceTimRice Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 315
    @mike_sandstrom
    Currently Safari has a bug that prevents our section view graphics from working so we disabled the option to prevent any issues. Other browsers like Chrome and Firefox do not have this issue. 
    Tim Rice | User Experience | Support 
    Onshape, Inc.
  • Options
    samadhi_ghoshsamadhi_ghosh Member Posts: 2
    You can find section view from the dropdown menu of the smaller cube that appears on the top right corner of your screen. Here´s a post that helps you address the problem: https://www.onshape.com/en/resource-center/tech-tips/behind-the-scenes-of-3d-section-view