Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Does the Introduction to Assembly Design Tutorial have the incorrect Center of Mass?

ken_bolandken_boland Member Posts: 3 EDU
I have been trying to complete the Introduction to Assembly Design Tutorial for 2 days. I retried it 5 times, trying to get the correct Center of Mass for the Universal Joint Flange. I finally decided to click an answer and then I see there is a Public Document I can check. When I checked the Public Document, the Center of Mass for the Universal Joint Flange does not match any of the answers in the self-check quiz. It did however, match the Center of Mass that I was finding for my attempts. I think the answers to the Self-Check question at the end need to be updated. See screen captures of the self-check quiz and the Center of Mass for the Universal Joint Flange that can be selected in the Public Document. 

Best Answer

• Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @ken_boland I believe you are correct- I think this has to do with the tolerances but I went ahead and changed the answers in the self-check question. 

Answers

• Options
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    @ken_boland I believe you are correct- I think this has to do with the tolerances but I went ahead and changed the answers in the self-check question. 
  • Options
    ken_bolandken_boland Member Posts: 3 EDU
    @KatieHuffman Thanks!
  • Options
    sam_malavesam_malave Member Posts: 2
    I am having trouble assembling the joint. Could you please link yours as a document I can make a copy of for reference? Thank you.
  • Options
    @sam_malave
    there is a provided completed example link in the validation step of the exercise. once you submit an answer.