Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How do I bend an extrude?

anh_huynh587anh_huynh587 Member Posts: 2 EDU

This is the sketch that I'm trying to replicate. The current doc I have is https://cad.onshape.com/documents/7e6ed11c464bc06e92231565/w/ed4d6d50cd23e616b3cbeedc/e/bbba8cbafee322ec36bcb652 

I've only tried to use Sweep as well as using two circles but it doesn't come out quite right so I just have an extruded rectangle.

Any ideas on how I could solve this?

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    It's only bent in one direction, so draw the curved shape (upper left view) and extrude by 55
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,379
    Answer ✓
    It's only bent in one direction, so draw the curved shape (upper left view) and extrude by 55
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    dirk_van_der_vaartdirk_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 541 ✭✭✭
    I have had a look at your document.
    A few remark's
    Start a sketch at the origin of the part studio, and design part's that are related in one part studio.

Most important, look at a few tutorial,s before doing anything.