Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

what happens after I stop renewing professional lincense?

Hi Onshape, 
currently, I have a professional license. I have build a library of parts and drawings. In the event of stop renewing the license, Just wondering:
1. What will happen to my content? will all my content become publicly accessible?
2. Do I need to download the content and back them up separately if I still want to preserve them in case I want to reactive years later?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    john_rousseaujohn_rousseau Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 360
    Hi @brendan_romano_romano. You will be downgraded to a FREE plan and your private documents will become read-only to you. We will never make your IP public. You own your IP. It's not ours to make public. We currently will preserve all your documents in Onshape for access when you decide to renew your subscription.

We reserve the right to archive or delete really old documents that are associated with inactive accounts, but we are not doing that today.

Please see the Terms of Use for the legal details.

Thanks!
    -John
    John Rousseau / VP, Technical Operations / Onshape Inc.
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    @john_rousseau - is it still true that the parts in the read-only-to-you documents are still exportable by the creator?

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,399
    @michael3424 yes - view and export 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    michael3424michael3424 Member Posts: 678 ✭✭✭✭
    NeilCooke said:
    @michael3424 yes - view and export 
    Thanks for confirming!