Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Assembly File: Issue with selecting mate connectors

Hi,

I have a student that is running into an issue with building a box in an assembly file.  Every time the student selects two locations to place the mates, the first location is changed.

For example:

In the planar mate tool student should be selecting
Mate connector of Part 1
Mate connector of Part 2

But when this student goes to select/place in the mate connector of Part 2, inside the planar mate pop up it automatically changes the connect of Part 1 to Part 2.  So his reads as follows:
Mate connector of Part 2
Mate connector of Part 2

He is not double clicking when inputing the second connector.  Does anyone know why this is happening??

Answers

• john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    I noticed that every now and then.

It usually has to do with what i'm moussing over a bunch of parts. or if you click too fast.
    which makes me think it is an internet latency issue.

what i do when it happens is zoom in closer and be very deliberate with your clicking. I even hold the mouse in the same position until it registers the click.

I don't see the issue happening to me today to take a video, altho the internet is working pretty good today also. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    You can also use the the trick where you hover over a surface (or edge) and then hold down "SHIFT". This will keep the highlighted entity active so that you can move the mouse to the mate you want. 

I sometimes use this to make sure I'm selecting a mate from the correct part. 
  • john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,890 PRO
    true, but i have still had the issue while holding shift. It's as if the there is a lag spike and it registers two clicks.
    I would say this began about 3 updates ago, but I have changed the way I click and haven't had the issue come up enough to submit a bug report.
    I assumed it was internet related which also kept me from submitting a report.
  • tim_hess427tim_hess427 Member Posts: 648 ✭✭✭✭
    Good point - I just assumed it was user error when it's happened to me.