Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Document is slow on one computer but not another

ednamodeednamode Member Posts: 5
I've resorted to using my laptop because my desktop's onshape experience has become so slow. I've cleared cache, updated, restarted etc. The browsers between my two machines are exactly the same (same plugins as well). I can't think of any hardware bottlenecks that would cause this to occur (high power GPU, gigabit ethernet, modern and powerful CPU).

The slowness occurs anytime I try to change the document. The interface hangs and I get a spinning blue circle. Anything else I should try?

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ednamodeednamode Member Posts: 5

If I'm not interacting with the document it runs very nicely. If I start sketching though, the entire interface hangs.
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    Is it the same on a different browser?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ednamodeednamode Member Posts: 5
    No. Using Edge speeds it up considerably.