Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How to use 'configure' part and face colors?

mr_deekmr_deek Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hello,

I'm looking to "configure" different parts with colours depending on the "configuration".

I don't see this as a build in option.

I tried looking at existing featurescript, but it seems there are limitations* .
* Limitations - The part or surface can not have been prior assigned an appearance or it over-rides the feature script values.

Testing (parts 1 and 2 and face 3 have been manually set and now the scripts can not affect the colours. You can also see part 3 and 4 where no manual colour has been set the featurescript work as expected.:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/71991c8436dd659da28d0a70/w/15b7f27028eaf9982f6009a2/e/e667e30bc48e274e7b459718

What can be done to have have one part with selectable colours?

Thank you in advance.
Mr.Deek

Answers

• mr_deekmr_deek Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Ok, I'm thinking found a poor work arround ...  
    Click on the part ... go to "properties" 
    Click on "Reset All" properties.  

Is there a way to only remove the "Colour" properties without resetting all of the part configuration?

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,306
    You can configure colours through the UI 

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • ben_partouchben_partouch Member Posts: 94 PRO
    @NeilCooke is this not possible in assemblies?
    I can't add Appearance property...

Thanks.