Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Move to Subassembly

famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
I've selected a few parts and hidden the unselected. Isn't there a way to move these parts to a new subassembly?

Answers

• Options
    famadorianfamadorian Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    when I right click, I don't have that option anymore

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    maybe there is something in your selection that won't allow it to be moved to a sub assembly.
    I believe if it can't be done, it is omitted from the list. (rather than greying it out)

But you should be able to drag parts in the tree into an assembly as well.
    So, insert a new blank assembly, or click one of the parts and make a new assembly, then do your selection again (minus the first part)
    then drag them in through the tree.
  • Options
    BenTaylorBenTaylor Member Posts: 44 PRO
    Rather than selecting the parts in the model, select them in the instance list. Then "Move to new subassembly" should show up. I'm not sure why it works this way (maybe because you click and select faces and not parts?), but that's what has worked for me.
    Ben Taylor
    Lead Mechanical Engineer @ Healing Innovations
    Onshape Ambassador