Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

#Diam+30 this expression is not work. please solve this

Answers

• Options
    Matthew_CurranMatthew_Curran Member, csevp Posts: 19 PRO
    If you could share your document here I could give a more definitive answer. But from what you have shown, try adding units such as in or mm after 30 in your expression and it should work.
  • Options
    MichaelPascoeMichaelPascoe Member Posts: 1,713 PRO
    edited October 2021
    Didn't realize Matthew already answered this when I posted, but I couldn't delete it... So, there, Matthew is right, try:

#DIAM + 30in
    or 
    #DIAM + 30mm
    or whichever units you prefer.

Learn more about the Gospel of Christ  ( Here )

CADSharp  -  We make custom features and integrated Onshape apps!   cadsharp.com/featurescripts 💎
  • Options
    harish_aahaníharish_aahaní Member Posts: 4 EDU
    but #DIAM + 30mm is not work
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,377
    Is #DIAM a length value and therefore has units?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • Options
    Matthew_CurranMatthew_Curran Member, csevp Posts: 19 PRO
    The idea is that the units for #DIAM and the number you are adding need to be similar units in order to solve correctly.

For example, if #DIAM is set to be a length variable, then the added on number also needs to have length units such as in, mm, etc.
    If it is an angle variable, the added on number needs to have deg, or rad after it. 

If you need further help, please share a link to your document so one of us can take a closer look and provide a solution.