Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Using subassemblies between branches

jmccormickjmccormick Member Posts: 40
In my current design, I am using several braches to explore different designs.  I have come across a situation where I would like to use a subassembly from one branch in another branch.   I don't see right away how to do this.  Of course, I would like to merge the final design branch back into the main branch when all is done.

Specifically, I am designing an LED light.  I have several housings designed (in branches) and I have several assemblies using the housings, driver, and PCB assembly.  The LED board assembly was designed in one of the earlier branches. I would like to use the LED assembly in other assemblies in other branches.  

Thanks

Best Answer

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Answer ✓
    If you version the branch you can insert that version into another branch. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI

Answers

• Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,370
    Answer ✓
    If you version the branch you can insert that version into another branch. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI