Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Need help creating the 'spiked' parts on a bubble wand

gemma_jonesgemma_jones Member Posts: 7 EDU
Im creating a bubble wand and im trying to do the 'spiked' parts that are on the head that make the mixture stick, which im having trouble with. Ideally, i want the triangle to be repeated all around the circle without me having to do sketch them all.

What currently in the screenshot doesnt work, and i dont know how to make it work

Best Answer

• Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    You should be able to use the circular pattern for this. Select the circular pattern tool, change it to be a feature pattern instead of a part pattern. Select the axis you want to pattern around, and select "apply per instance" so that it merges each tooth with the circular part on the outside.

Here's a link to my example. Hope that helps

FYI, tip for next time, people on the forum can help a lot more easily if you share a link to a public document that demonstrates whatever the problem may be that you're having. Here's a handy page to review to make your time on the forum more effecient.

Answers

• Options
    SethFSethF Member Posts: 129 PRO
    edited October 2021 Answer ✓
    You should be able to use the circular pattern for this. Select the circular pattern tool, change it to be a feature pattern instead of a part pattern. Select the axis you want to pattern around, and select "apply per instance" so that it merges each tooth with the circular part on the outside.

Here's a link to my example. Hope that helps

FYI, tip for next time, people on the forum can help a lot more easily if you share a link to a public document that demonstrates whatever the problem may be that you're having. Here's a handy page to review to make your time on the forum more effecient.