Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Vent Variable Help

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/bd231aea4415645bcbfea970/w/fde1cfb0c4c04c5746295a11/e/aded2b3058a099b1899efbaa?renderMode=0&uiState=617afe4f1532c44aabf96eb8

I have been working through the vent example on the Onshape learning center and cannot find where I am going wrong with my variables.  It may be an issue with my geo constraints as well but it seems as though my circular pattern 2 keeps moving my construction lines away from where I want them to be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Options
    KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @sean_carney489
    Be sure to pay attention to the hints in Step 9 and Step 12. The entities you constrain with the geometric sketch relations really matter on this exercise for the pattern to properly build.
  • Options
    mirko_renermirko_rener Member Posts: 3
    @sean_carney489
    Be sure to pay attention to the hints in Step 9 and Step 12. The entities you constrain with the geometric sketch relations really matter on this exercise for the pattern to properly build.
    @KatieHuffman thanks for pointing that out, but i still can't manage to keep the vertical construction line concentric with the center...
    Do you have any sugestion on which feature should I select to improve the result? I've rewatched all the courses related to constrains & sketches, but I'm missing something...
  • Options
    mirko_renermirko_rener Member Posts: 3
    Exercise 31: Vent | Vent (onshape.com)

After asking the question i finally found the issue....

I'm leaving the part available to show the encountered issue and the solution (in 2 different versions)