Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Selecting the sketch from window and moving the sketch

Narayan_KNarayan_K Member Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
edited July 2016 in Community Support
While selecting the sketch from window by dragging,all sketch entity will not be get selected.Points which are  looks like blue dot will not be selected(i.e points created along with other sketch entity likes line,arc etc). Point which are looks like blue circle with white at center get selected.
This will cause some inconvenience while trying move the sketch.I can't move the sketch without changing the shape.To move the sketch without changing the shape I have to select all sketch entity(including unselected points) as shown below.

Answers

• Options
    3dcad3dcad Member, OS Professional, Mentor Posts: 2,470 PRO
    I suppose it's same issue as it was in this thread:
    https://forum.onshape.com/discussion/comment/9815#Comment_9815

There is IR open for voting..
    //rami
  • Options
    andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why Onshape treats shared entity endpoints differently from the likes of Solidworks, when is comes to  selection (as shown above) and merging (as discussed in previous threads)

If there are use cases Onshape are aware of which would be well served by the current selection behaviour, it strikes me that they could use a leftwards selection window for selecting entities but not points, and a rightwards window for inclusive selection (which is what most users, I'm guessing, would expect and prefer)

Alternatively I guess it could be dealt with once we have selection filters