Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Blower Scoop Exercise

kegan_kingkegan_king Member Posts: 7 EDU
I'm struggling with step 20 of the advanced loft exercise. I have rebuilt the model twice now and I'm am still unable to see what I have done wrong that will not allow for the shelling of the scoop.
any advice here would be excellent. 

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/09e1ce1c4522bfb05ececc38/w/dde8c894bfa725c27e973574/e/c5a93ebe94f02cfb5a0a1b76?renderMode=0&uiState=61b531a784430a4aa4453f69

Answers

• KatieHuffmanKatieHuffman Member, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 194
    @kegan_king
    it looks like there might be something wrong with either the loft or the split. I would double check Step 16 to make sure you selected the correct start/end profile conditions and Step 19 to make sure you split the part correctly.
  • kegan_kingkegan_king Member Posts: 7 EDU
    I checked it and it's as it should look in the tutorial

@kegan_king
    the loft image does not show your dialog selections.
  • fnxffnxf Member, User Group Leader Posts: 137 PRO
    I checked it and it's as it should look in the tutorial
    Could you edit the shared document so that I can copy it to see the actual selection?
    @kegan_king
    Thank you for bringing this to us! We have identified an update in the loft feature which now causes this exercise to fail at the shell. We have marked this as a bug on the exercise and will be updating it.
    COOL! I knew it wasn't me. I rebuilt that model like 6 times it's was maddeningly frustrating 
    @kegan_king
    Thank you for bringing this to us! We have identified an update in the loft feature which now causes this exercise to fail at the shell. We have marked this as a bug on the exercise and will be updating it.
    Did you guys resolve the bug I would like to complete the model. I attempted to today but no dice... 
    @kegan_king
    Still working on it! Stay tuned! I will attach you to the ticket so you will be notified once updated.
  • john_willdenjohn_willden Member Posts: 1 EDU
    I have the same issue. 
    I have the same issue. 
    it's a bug