Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

so what do i do if fillets don't select edges but only faces

gebsgebs Member Posts: 2 EDU
it is a very annoying problem 

Answers

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    huh?
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • jan_smrzjan_smrz Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    HI, i am experiencing the same issue since today update. I am unable select edge for fillet or chamfer, only face. Old fillets are fine but i am unable to create any new edge fillet so it broke my workflow :-/ 
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    edited January 2022
    Ugh. I can confirm. Seeing the same problem. 

Update - it seems to work normally in Chrome, but fails in Safari. (I'm on a the latest MacOS on a MacBook Pro M1 Max and browsers are up to date.)
    In my case not working in chrome (Version 97.0.4692.71 (Official Build) (64-bit)) on Linux but working on Firefox on Linux (ubuntu 21.04)
  • gonzalo_chomongonzalo_chomon OS Professional Posts: 52 ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    @NeilCooke
    I tried Chrome and Safari and on both the issue is still there for me.
    Fillets and Chamfer features are not working properly; they only let you select faces and not edges.

I believe it just started just a bit after today´s update.
  • S1monS1mon Member Posts: 2,320 PRO
    edited January 2022
    OK. That's weird/amazing. Seems like it's working again. 
    [edit] Nope - just broke again. WTF?!?

@NeilCooke Let us know if this was just some now-understood hiccup or if there's a bigger issue that needs which the masses can help debug...
  • NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,305
    edited January 2022
    We are investigating the issue. It is likely related to docs that are not yet upgraded or maybe the cache (which gets cleared every upgrade anyway). In my testing, a quick fix is to open the Version and history graph, click on Start then click back to Main. Please confirm.

EDIT: but that seems to be session related. Closing/opening the doc and the issue is back. Upgraded docs definitely work fine.
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI
  • jakeramsleyjakeramsley Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 657
    We've deployed a fix for this issue.
    Jake Ramsley

Director of Quality Engineering & Release Manager              onshape.com
  • robert_snedegarrobert_snedegar Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    I am seeing similar issue with Move Boundary - can only select entire surface not a specific edge.  Running Chrome in Mac OS.
  • lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 689
    @robert_snedegar
    We are working on that.
    @jakeramsley
    Thank you!