Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to create a circular pattern that doesn't not axis around the orgin point?

geo_thampangeo_thampan Member Posts: 4
edited January 2022 in Community Support
I need to create a circular pattern that follows a circle which created in a sketch. But when ever I try to create a circle pattern the selected sketch follows an axis around the orgin point. To experiment I tried this outside the sketch in parts feature, which works, but it is not helping. I need to create pattern wich has my preferred axis point. Can axis point in sketch for circular patter be selected?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,898 PRO
    Yes, a common mistake people make with circular pattern is they forget the center point is NOT attached to anything.

The indication is the fact all the lines are blue (which means underdefined)
    Once you have everything fully constrained then all the lines turn black
  • Options
    geo_thampangeo_thampan Member Posts: 4
    Wow! Just so simple. Thank you so much Mahir!