Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Why is "Edit in context" not available in the Right Click menu?

steve_cohensteve_cohen Member Posts: 27 EDU
I am in an assembly, trying to edit a part in context, but when I right click on the part, the menu does not have "Edit in context" as an option.
The part studio for that part is in the same document, and there are no errors or warnings in the assembly.
Other assemblies in the document have the "Edit in context" option.
Any suggestions?

Answers

• Options
    shawn_crockershawn_crocker Member, OS Professional Posts: 814 PRO
    I'm guessing you found your answer but just incase, it may be because the part is referencing a version of the document and its reference has been pinned or the part is referencing the release.
  • Options
    billy2billy2 Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Developers, User Group Leader Posts: 2,015 PRO
    @steve_cohen hope you're in an assembly, double click the part from the feature manager.

It's the fastest way to enter into in context.